Converge Strategies, LLC (CSL) provides consulting services focused on the intersection of resilience, national security, and clean energy. Our mission is to integrate resilience and security as first principles in the clean energy transformation. CSL takes new approaches to resilience strategy development in the face of climate change, vulnerable infrastructure, and determined adversaries. Clients include the military, private sector, and all levels of government with rapid growth in each sector of engagement. CSL has offices in Boston and Washington, D.C., and this position is flexible in its location with clients primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area. Candidates will need to be able to operate on an Eastern time zone-based schedule to participate in client and team discussions. CSL is focused on the following opportunities:
- Rapidly deploying clean energy technologies such as solar energy, wind energy, and battery storage to support critical infrastructure and disaster preparedness in states and cities.
- Scaling-up Department of Defense energy and climate resilience strategies for domestic and global missions.
- Supporting energy and climate partnerships between companies, governments, and the national security enterprise.
- Engaging and building new and diverse stakeholder groups to take action on the energy transformation.
The Senior Associate is a full-time position that emphasizes a candidate's professional adaptability, team-based engagement, and willingness to learn. The Senior Associate will conduct direct project management and execution for clients, support business development, and support projects across the company portfolio. Specifically, the Senior Associate will be expected to:
- Manage and execute complex projects with multiple partners, including management of contracts and subcontracts.
- Support high-profile clients to achieve their policy objectives and business goals, and be comfortable in a client facing role.
- Work across diverse stakeholder teams to develop innovative and efficient solutions to climate, energy, and infrastructure challenges
- Coordinate and facilitate virtual and in-person workshops utilizing industry-leading tools and techniques.
- Develop high-quality project deliverables such as white papers, playbooks, and briefing decks.
- Conduct cutting-edge research on advanced energy and resilience topics to make targeted and informed recommendations to clients.
- Contribute to proposals for new business capture by coordinating among CSL colleagues and external partners.
- Connect and leverage professional networks to create new opportunities for collaboration.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn about new business areas and skills beyond current fields of expertise.
- Travel approximately 25% or as needed, based on safety restrictions.
- A track record of team-building, adaptability, and collaborative engagement.
- Professional or research experience in climate resilience, vehicle fleet electrification, renewable energy project development, utility engagement, and/or state and federal government energy policies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced company environment engaged in multiple projects.
- Ability to thrive within highly collaborative and dynamic teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, large utility providers, NGOs and nonprofits focused on clean energy, or state level energy offices preferred.
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy, energy storage, energy finance, and/or advanced energy policy preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA, JD, PhD) or equivalent functional certifications preferred.
Commitment to Diversity
Converge Strategies, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against due to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition including pregnancy, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Converge Strategies, LLC, offers a competitive salary, vacation, and benefits package, including health insurance and retirement benefits. This is a full-time, salaried position commensurate with relevant work experience and education. The salary range is $75,000 to $100,000, and employees are eligible for an annual bonus.