Director, DoD Energy Resilience
Converge Strategies, LLC (CSL) provides consulting services focused on the intersection of resilience, national security, and clean energy. Our mission is to integrate resilience and security as first principles in the clean energy transformation. CSL takes new approaches to resilience strategy development in the face of climate change, vulnerable infrastructure, and determined adversaries. Clients include the military, private sector, and all levels of government with rapid growth in each sector of engagement. CSL has offices in Boston and Washington, D.C., and this position is flexible in its location with clients primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area. Candidates will need to be able to operate on an Eastern time zone-based schedule to participate in client and team discussions. CSL is focused on the following opportunities:
- Rapidly deploying clean energy technologies such as solar energy, wind energy, and battery storage to support critical infrastructure and disaster preparedness in states and cities.
- Scaling-up Department of Defense energy and climate resilience strategies for domestic and global missions.
- Supporting energy and climate partnerships between companies, governments, and the national security enterprise.
- Engaging and building new and diverse stakeholder groups to take action on the energy transformation.
The Director is a full-time position that emphasizes a candidate's professional adaptability, team-based engagement, and willingness to learn. This Director position will support projects across the company portfolio with primary focus on supporting Department of Defense energy resilience efforts, including utility coordination, mission assurance assessments, Defense Critical Infrastructure coordination, and energy resilience project development. The Director will also be responsible for conducting direct project management, supporting business development, and mentoring and assisting with the development of staff.
Specifically, the Director will be expected to:
- Organize, direct and coordinate the planning and production of activities associated with assigned projects, specific to mission assurance, defense critical infrastructure, and utility-federal government coordination.
- Manage and execute complex projects with multiple partners, including management of contracts and subcontracts.
- Support high-profile clients to achieve their policy objectives and business goals, and be comfortable in a client facing role.
- Work across diverse stakeholder teams to develop innovative and efficient solutions to climate, energy, and infrastructure issues.
- Coordinate and facilitate virtual and in-person workshops utilizing industry-leading tools and techniques.
- Develop high-quality project deliverables such as white papers, playbooks, and briefing decks.
- Demonstrate expertise in written and oral communication skills.
- Participate in proposal writing for new business capture by coordinating among CSL colleagues and external partners.
- Connect and leverage professional networks to create new opportunities for collaboration.
- Travel approximately 25% or as needed, based on safety restrictions.
Preferred technical experience:
- Experience with the Mission Assurance construct or the Defense Critical Infrastructure (DCI) Program.
- Expertise in DoD energy resilience goals and mandates, mission assurance assessments, and public-private utility partnerships.
- Knowledge of the DoD budgeting process, funding and grant programs, and contracting pathways for energy programs.
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy, energy storage, energy finance, and/or advanced energy policy preferred. Including:
- Experience with electric transmission and/or distribution systems.
- Experience with power generation (microgrids, energy storage, engines/turbines, renewables, etc.).
- Operational experience with electric utilities, interconnection, demand response, etc.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, large utility providers, NGOs and nonprofits focused on clean energy, or state level energy offices.
- Familiarity with infrastructure and climate resilience concepts and analyses.
- A track record of team-building, adaptability, and collaborative engagement.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced company environment engaged in multiple projects.
- Ability to thrive within highly collaborative and dynamic teams.
- Experience managing large Federal contracts, including overall contract quality management and direct management of staff and subcontractors
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA, JD, PhD) or equivalent functional certifications preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Commitment to Diversity
Converge Strategies, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against due to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition including pregnancy, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Converge Strategies, LLC, offers a competitive salary, vacation, and benefits package, including health insurance and retirement benefits. This is a full-time, salaried position commensurate with relevant work experience and education. The salary range is $100,000 - $140,000 and employees are eligible for an annual bonus.